One of the most common causes of lower back pain that can affect anyone at any age is a herniated disc. Herniated discs can affect any part of the spine, but they are more common in the lower spine. Through the proper chiropractic care and treatment, you can feel relief from your herniated disc and live free of pain.
To find the best chiropractor for your herniated disc, visit us today at Preferred Chiropractic! We're here to serve our residents of Palm Beach Garden, FL, and the surrounding areas. Our goal is to provide a tailored treatment plan that is unique to your needs and effective at treating your pain.
What is a Herniated Disc?
A herniated disc is a type of spinal ailment that is formed within the spine. In between the spine, there are small discs between vertebrae that provide cushioning and support. When these discs suddenly rupture, this is known as a herniated disc. As fluid seeps out into the surrounding tissues and nerves, a herniated disc can cause symptoms such as:
- Lower back pain
- Middle back pain
- Upper back pain (although less common)
- Lower extremity tinging
- A feeling of pins and needles
- Numbness in the lower extremities or radiating to other parts of the body
Can a Chiropractor Provide Treatment for Herniated Disc?
Absolutely! Your chiropractor will conduct a physical exam on you and determine if your lower back pain is due to a herniated disc. They can also conduct x-rays, which can provide a better look at your spine and allow a chiropractor to determine if you need other chiropractic adjustments.
Your chiropractor will then determine the best course of treatment for you, including:
- Spinal decompression gently pulls apart the spine and creates negative pressure, allowing the discs to pop back into place and taking pressure off the surrounding nerves and tissues
- Chiropractic adjustments help realign the spine and restore balance and improve posture
- Massages and stretches around the spine can help alleviate pain around the spine and reduce muscle spasms
Your chiropractor will also determine the length of time each treatment will take and the number of sessions needed so you can feel maximum, long-lasting relief.
Find Relief Fast At Preferred Chiropractic
Call Preferred Chiropractic in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, today at 561-480-0678 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.